Ideally, you need to submit immaculate bottles or cans for photography.
Before submitting bottles or cans, please pay attention to this checklist:
• Check the labels are correctly positioned.
• Check the labels are undamaged and there are no print smudges.
• Check the labels show no printing flaws.
• If your bottle carries a BBE stamp, check it is not visible when the bottle is viewed from the front.
• If your beer is pale and the back of the rear label can be seen when the bottle is viewed from the front, consider submitting it without the rear label.
• If your bottle has a seam, check that it run down the sides of the bottle and not behind the main label.
• Check the glass is free from crizzles. A crizzle is a flaw in the glass – typically a fold that occurs while the glass is still molten or a fracture that does not penetrate the glass
• If your bottled beer contains sediment it is preferable that you submit bottles with as little sediment as possible. Sediment never photographs well.
• Check cans are not dented or scratched.